October 2019 release: The Latest Technology Knowledge Update, Extended Data Pack, Storage System and Operating System packages announcement.Technology Knowledge Update (TKU), and Extended Data Pack
- Supported versions: 11.1.x, 11.2.x, 11.3.x and Helix.
- Release highlights: Includes a new pattern for Finastra Fusion LoanIQ and several pattern enhancements for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Siebel CRM, Sybase SQL Anywhere (ASA), Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services, Oracle Automatic Storage Management, Oracle Clusterware, Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Tuxedo Mainframe Adapter, Red Hat JBoss Application Server, Illumio Adaptive Security Platform Agent, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra, Apache Tomcat, Citrix XenServer, Oracle Engineered Systems, Brocade Network Advisor... software products, as well as general bug fixes for multiple software products. Please visit the TKU October 2019 release page for all details about the software content.
- This release includes a Network Device integration module that contains 38 new network device definitions for Alcatel-Lucent, APC, Aruba Networks, Audiocodes, Brocade, Cisco Systems, D-Link, Fortinet, Hanwha Techwin, Hewlett-Packard, Konica, Nivoflow, Oracle, Techroutes Network and Xerox Corporation network vendors. Please visit the TKU October 2019 Network Devices page for the details of the models.
- Extended Data Pack: From this release we now report in the UI the reason why we don't get EOL dates. As part of the feature we also provide the URLs where we obtained the information. In addition, we have substantially enhanced our EOL data coverage for software products and Cisco network devices. Please visit the TKU October 2019 Extended Data Pack page for details.
- Multi-Cloud Discovery.
- In TKU July 2019 we have introduced the Cloud Inventory discovery. In this current release we are delivering new patterns for Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud providers:
- We have also enhanced the Amazon Glue pattern to support Tags.
- To review all supported Cloud providers and related content please go to Supported Cloud Providers.
- Please visit the TKU October 2019 Product Content page for details about other product content updates.
- Storage Discovery: in this release:
Content details and installation instructions
- We have enhanced the Brocade Network Advisor pattern to support the new software type "Dell EMC Connectrix Manager Converged Network Edition".
: For information about enhanced pattern modules and download instructions, see the October 2019 Technology Knowledge Update
page. To learn about network device integration module and the corresponding network device definitions, see the Network Device, Printer and SNMP Managed Device Definitions
page. The full list of supported Network Devices can be found here
. Operating System (OS) Upgrade packages - for BMC Discovery OnPrem Customers only
- Supported versions: RHEL 6 OS upgrade supports versions from 10.2.x to 11.X virtual appliances (on RHEL 6), CentOS 6 OS upgrade versions 11.2.x and v11.3.
- Release highlights: The RHEL 6 upgrade contains the applicable packages until September 19. The CentOS 6 and CentOS 7 upgrades contain the packages until September 19. The dates corresponding to the OS upgrade reflect the release dates of the latest packages which are included in this month's OS upgrades.
- Latest OS upgrade files: The latest RHEL 6 OS upgrade file (for the 64 bit architecture only) is ADDM_OS_Upgrade_64_6.19.09.23_ 780582_ga.sh.gz, the latest CentOS 6 and CentOS 7 files are ADDM_OS_Upgrade_CentOS_64_6. 19.09.19_780296_ga.sh.gz, and ADDM_OS_Upgrade_CentOS_64_ 7.19.09.19_780201_ga.sh.gz respectively. See more details about this release here.